The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
Whatever your role in construction, CDM aims to improve health and safety in the industry by helping you to:
- sensibly plan the work so the risks involved are managed from start to finish
- have the right people for the right job at the right time
- cooperate and coordinate your work with others
- have the right information about the risks and how they are being managed
- communicate this information effectively to those who need to know
- consult and engage with workers about the risks and how they are being managed
HSE has published Legal Series guidance that supports CDM 2015 and explains it in more detail. HSE will seek views later in 2015 on whether to replace this guidance with an Approved Code of Practice, which many in the industry indicated they would prefer in the 2014 public consultation.
Information on the legal requirements and a timeline of how the changes came about is also available.