6. More guidance and support

HSE, GOV.UK and other organisations

Guidance and support Description
Publications in other languages Translated general health and safety guidance
Report an incident (RIDDOR) How to report an injury or ill health caused through work
Managing risks and risk assessment at work Steps employers need to take to keep workers safe
Welfare at work Guidance for employers on welfare provisions
Guidance Description
Recruiting people from outside the UK Employing migrant workers following the UK withdrawal from te European Union
Right to work in the UK How to check if people have the legal right to work in the UK
Other organisations
Guidance Description
Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (Acas) Free, impartial advice on workplace rights, rules and best practice. Advice on pay, working time, rest breaks and holidays etc
Trades Union Congress (TUC) Represents workers in Great Britain. Information on health and safety rights at work, translated into different languages
Citizens Advice Help and localised advice on living and working in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. The local Citizens Advice centre may be able to put employers in contact with migrant community groups for help with translations, recruitment etc
Equality and Human Rights Commission Advice for employers and workers on fair treatment and preventing discrimination in the workplace
Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority (GLAA) Investigates labour exploitation in England and Wales, and regulates businesses supplying workers for agriculture, horticulture, shellfish gathering, and their processing and packaging industries. Contact if you are concerned about the welfare of workers or a labour provider operating without a licence
UK National Information Centre for global qualifications and skills (UK ENIC) Help and advice for employers in checking the UK equivalence of national-level overseas vocational, academic or professional qualifications
Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) Runs safety training schemes such as the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS)
National Farmers’ Union (NFU) Their member service includes advice on employment and safety issues from a specialist team of advisers
The International Language Association (ICC) Information on language services and cultural awareness training

Is this page useful?

Updated 2023-04-11