Compressed natural gas (CNG) frequently asked questions
No. But you should ensure that anyone working on CNG refuelling facilities is trained and competent to carry out any work.
Where the installation is downstream of an isolation valve and which meet the following criteria:
- form a system exclusively used for the compression of gas;
- are primarily used to supply compressed gas to vehicles; and
- incorporate one or more gas compressors having an electric motor input power rating exceeding 5 kilowatts,
are exempt from the requirements of most of the regulations. This amendment was introduced by The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) (Amendment) Regulations 2018 and brings these sites in line with other industrial premises.
- Safety in the installation and use of gas systems and appliances L56
- Landlords: A guide to landlords’ duties Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 - INDG285