In 2000 HSE set up a Risk Education programme of work to identify and influence the degree to which risk management techniques are taught in schools and other educational establishments, including universities where undergraduate courses lead to entry into safety critical professions such as engineering and design.
The Risk Education Programme has delivered five reports into the teaching of risk.
- Risk Education Provision: a survey of schools in England, Scotland and Wales
- Teaching Practice in Risk Education for 5-16 year olds
- Evaluation of the Risk-Education Website for Secondary-Aged Students
- An Evaluation of the Lifeskills-Learning for Living Programme
- Risk Education in Engineering: The development of a new syllabus