Labelling and packaging
Labels are there to help identify hazardous chemicals and explain what the hazards are and how to avoid them.
Packaging is also important to ensure that chemicals are stored and disposed of safely.
- Telling others about the classification: the hazard label
- Hazard statements, precautionary statements and signal words
- Terms to avoid on a hazard label
- Hazard pictograms
- Cleaning products and GB CLP
- Safety data sheets (SDS)
- Packaging, child resistant closures and tactile warning devices
Under the GB CLP Regulation, there are no significant changes to the labelling and packaging requirements. Hazard labelling for substances and mixture placed on the GB market must be in English although other languages may also appear in addition to English.