Brexit: Chemicals industry guidance
The UK has left the EU but remains strongly committed to the effective and safe management of chemicals.
Read the latest information on regulating chemicals during the transition period and beyond:
- Biocides Authorisation of biocidal substances and products
- CLP Classification, labelling and packaging of substances and chemicals
- PIC Export and import of hazardous chemicals from and into Europe
- PPP Pesticides or Plant Protection Products
- REACH Registration, evaluation, authorisation and restriction of chemicals
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) plays a key role in the UK's chemicals regulatory process working closely with the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) and the Environment Agency (EA).
As a responsible regulator our priorities are to:
- ensure the effective and safe management of chemicals to safeguard human health and the environment
- respond to emerging risks
- allow trade with the EU and the rest of the world that is as frictionless as possible
Subscribe for free email newsletters and notifications - news and updates on a wide range of health and safety topics and industries.