3. Reporting a concern to HSE

If HSE is the appropriate enforcing authority for your concern about GB REACH, you should report it to the Enforcement Team in our Chemicals Regulation Division (CRD) directly. There is no need to fill in any forms, just email us at [email protected]. To ensure we can consider the complaint fully, please:

  • provide as much detail as you can about the incident or concern, including:
    • the company
    • the product(s) and / or chemicals
    • which part of the law you think has been breached
  • be specific - HSE cannot take enforcement action in relation to generic concerns
  • provide any relevant documentation such as:
    • product labels
    • Safety Data Sheets (SDSs)
    • links to webpages
  • tell us who you are - we may not investigate complaints from anonymous sources
  • let us know if you would prefer your details to remain confidential in any investigation we undertake

Please note: We will not investigate your complaint if you choose to remain anonymous and tell us that you do not want HSE to disclose that a complaint has been received, unless a vulnerable person is involved.

Is this page useful?

Updated 2024-03-25