Upper limb disorders
Upper limb disorders (ULDs) affect the arms, from fingers to shoulder, and neck. They are often called repetitive strain injuries (RSI), cumulative trauma disorder or occupational overuse syndrome.
ULDs are common both in the workplace and elsewhere and can result from various kinds of work.
More information about ULDs
- Manual handling at work: A brief guide
- Managing upper limb disorders in the workplace
- Manual handling assessment charts
- Risk assessment of pushing and pulling (RAPP) tool
- Making the best use of lifting and handling aids