Are you a ... landowner?
A landowner controls the land on which trees the forestry work takes place.
- Coordinate the activities of the forest environment for health and safety.
- Find out about hazards on and around forestry worksites and pass to the forestry work manager (FWM).
- Ensure that the work on a worksite does not affect the health and safety of other people.
- Maintain responsibility for what is happening on your forested land and on land that provides access to tree work or forested areas.
Other landowners include:
- Local authorities
- Government department and agencies
- Utility providers
When planning for forestry work on land under your control, organise the work so that you avoid risks from the outset.