Management Standards - Control
How much say the person has in the way they do their work.
The standard is that:
- employees indicate that they are able to have a say about the way they do their work
- systems are in place locally to respond to any individual concerns.
What should be happening/States to be achieved:
- Where possible, employees have control over their pace of work
- Employees are encouraged to use their skills and initiative to do their work
- Where possible, employees are encouraged to develop new skills to help them undertake new and challenging pieces of work
- The organisation encourages employees to develop their skills
- Employees have a say over when breaks can be taken
- Employees are consulted over their work patterns