Information for health and safety inspectors
This page aims to provide easy access to information useful to both Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and Local Authority (LA) inspectors undertaking inspections on skin issues and to give other people an idea of how we work.
- The dermatitis OG supports inspections. It contains information on the application of the EMM
- A number of Local Authority Circulars have been produced to support LA inspections in specific industries including hairdressing and hotel and catering.
- A range of materials have been produced for industry that may help to support inspections, these include publications and posters, training resources and web pages for industries with high-risk jobs.
- The skin at work web pages contain information on the causes of skin disease, occupations and materials with particular risks to skin, managing risks from skin exposure and legislation.
- Need further support? LA inspectors can contact their local partnership managers to get advice on specialist support.