Bereaved families of victims of workplace accidents or cases of ill health
This leaflet provides information about what happens when a death occurs at work, or in connection with a work activity. It is for members of families who have lost a relative in such an incident.
- Applies to:
- England and Wales
- February 2024 (rev2)
- Series code:
Document - free copy
- Type and file size
- PDF, 54KB
If someone dies at work or because of work, bereaved families may become involved in HSE’s investigation.
This simple leaflet explains:
- how the investigation will proceed after a death
- a victim’s personal statement
- what happens when you attend court
- a victim’s right to review
- how to make a complaint about HSE
- support available from other organisations
There is more detailed information for bereaved families.