A guide to the Control of Electromagnetic Fields at Work
About this guidance
This publication is for anyone who has duties under the Control of Electromagnetic Fields at Work Regulations 2016, it provides guidance on how the provisions of the Regulations should be met. It will also be useful to others with responsibility for health and safety, i.e. employees and safety representatives.
The guide provides information on:
- identifying sources of electromagnetic fields (EMFs) in your workplace;
- assessing the exposure of employees to EMFs;
- Action Levels (ALs) and Exposure Limit Values (ELVs)
- deciding what, if anything, you may need to do to protect your employees from the risk arising from exposure to EMFs;
- assessing and controlling any risks from EMFs in the workplace;
- protecting employees at particular risk;
- exemption from certain aspects of the CEMFAW Regulations; and
- references and further reading.