Gassing of rabbits and vertebrate pests
- Date of publication:
- Series code:
- Download a free copy - AIS22
This Agriculture Information Sheet is aimed at employers and technicians who carry out fumigation operations.
It explains the steps you need to take under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH) to assess the risks and decide what precautions are necessary in your circumstances.
It gives advice on safety measures when using moisture-activated gassing compounds for vertebrate pest control in open areas. It does not cover the use of these compounds in buildings, ships or any other enclosed structures.
Moisture-activated gassing compounds are pesticides and must only be used for the pest-control activities specified on the product container label.
- Control of substances hazardous to health (Fifth edition)
- Fumigation: Health and safety guidance for employers and technicians carrying out fumigation operations
- Controlling the risks in the workplace
- Working with substances hazardous to health: A brief guide to COSHH
- Health and safety guide for gamekeepers