Metal Working Fluids- Resources
This page provides links to sources of specific guidance on safe working with metalworking fluids and associated ill health issues, as well as to health and safety in engineering in general.
- Non-HSE publications
- COSHH essentials information sheets for machining with metalworking fluids
- Case studies
- Useful links
Can be downloaded free from this page or obtained in bulk at a cost from HSE Books
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations: Approved Code of Practice and guidance L5 (2002) (see Appendix 3)
- Health and Safety in Engineering Workshops HSG129 (2004 rev)
Can be downloaded free from this page or obtained in bulk at a cost from HSE Books.
- Working safely with metalworking fluids: A guide for employee
- Preventing contact dermatitis at work
- Controlling the risks in the workplace
- Working with substances hazardous to health: A brief guide to COSHH
United Kingdom Lubricants Association (UKLA)
A good practice guide for safe handling and disposal of MWF's has been prepared by a panel of experts from UK Lubricants Association (UKLA) and HSE. The guide provides good practice advice on how to maintain and control exposure to MWFs to prevent ill health in workshops.