Petroleum Enforcement Authorities (PEAs)
PEAs, formerly Petroleum Licensing Authorities (PLAs) are responsible for enforcing the Petroleum (Consolidation) Regulations 2014. They also continue to enforce DSEAR at workplaces covered by the regulations. This means that there is no change to the current enforcement arrangements.
A PEA is responsible for issuing either a petroleum storage certificate for dispensing premises or a licence to store petrol at other types of premises eg private homes. A list of PEAs is available.
This guidance includes:
- an overview of the new regulations
- template letter to be sent to a licensee in advance of granting a storage certificate
- template form for the issue of a storage certificate
- Dangerous substances and explosive atmospheres ACOP L138 (Second edition)
- Controlling fire and explosion risks in the workplace