Training for employees working with substances hazardous to health
Provide information, training and instruction for employees who work with substances hazardous to health. This includes cleaning and maintenance staff.
Employees need to understand the outcome of your risk assessment and what this means for them. Tell them:
- what the hazards and risks are;
- about any workplace exposure limit;
- the results of any monitoring of exposure;
- the general results of health surveillance;
- what to do if there is an accident (eg spillage) or emergency.
Employees should have access to safety data sheets.
Keep employees informed about planned future changes in processes or substances used.
When a contractor comes on site, they need to know what the risks are and how you are controlling them. And you need to know if they are bringing hazardous substances onto your premises, and how they will prevent harm to your employees.
Keep basic training records.
- Local Colleges
- Trade Associations
- Suppliers of LEV and PPE