New to health and safety
Health and safety is relevant to all businesses. So, if you are an employer - or are self employed - you are responsible for the health, safety and welfare of employees and any others who may be affected by what you do. This includes employees, casual or part time workers, trainees, customers, neighbours, sales people and members of the public.
What to do first
HSE aims to make it as easy as we can for you to make your farm safe, healthy and legal. Take the first steps by checking out our guides on:
- Getting started in health and safety
- Assessing the risks in agriculture
- The main safety hazards in agriculture
- The main causes of ill health in agriculture
- Storing (or intending to handle or store) 150 tonnes or more of ammonium nitrate
What to do next
Download our leaflet: Farmwise
Read some of the other myths people and the media spread about health and safety.
- Controlling the risks in the workplace
- Farmwise Your essential guide to health and safety in agriculture