This page will help you to assess a single person lifting operation and includes two videos of a manual handling task.
- Before you begin watching the videos we advise you to print the MAC tool and read through the assessment guide.
- The flow chart, graph and score sheet in the MAC are required to assess and evaluate the risks in the video.
- Use the interactive score sheet
The score sheet can also be filled in on screen.
- Manual handling task video
1 – Lifting from pallet to conveyor
This video shows footage of an everyday work place lifting task in which the employee unloads boxes from a pallet and lifts them onto a conveyor.
- Manual handling task video 2 –
Lifting creels of wire onto spindles
This video shows footage of an employee lifting creels of wire from a rolling conveyor and loading them onto spindles at various heights.
- Manual handling at work: A brief guide
- Managing upper limb disorders in the workplace
- Manual handling assessment charts
- Risk assessment of pushing and pulling (RAPP) tool
- Making the best use of lifting and handling aids