Management Standards - Support
This includes the encouragement, sponsorship and resources provided by the organisation, line management and colleagues.
The standard is that:
- employees indicate that they receive adequate information and support from their colleagues and superiors; and
- systems are in place locally to respond to any individual concerns.
What should be happening/States to be achieved:
- The organisation has policies and procedures to adequately support employees
- Systems are in place to enable and encourage managers to support their staff
- Systems are in place to enable and encourage employees to support their colleagues
- Employees know what support is available and how and when to access it
- Employees know how to access the required resources to do their job
- Employees receive regular and constructive feedback
- How to tackle work-related stress - A guide for employers on making the Management Standards work (PDF, 187KB)
- Is my risk assessment approach suitable and sufficient? Equivalence checklist (PDF, 24KB)