Management Standards - Demands
This includes issues such as workload, work patterns, and the work environment.
The standard is that:
- employees indicate that they are able to cope with the demands of their jobs; and
- systems are in place locally to respond to any individual concerns.
What should be happening:
- The organisation provides employees with adequate and achievable demands in relation to the agreed hours of work
- People's skills and abilities are matched to the job demands
- Jobs are designed to be within the capabilities of employees
- Employees' concerns about their work environment are addressed