Buying new machinery
A short guide to the law and your responsibilities when buying new machinery for use at work
- Date of publication:
- Series code:
- Download a free copy - INDG271
This leaflet is for anyone who is responsible for buying new machinery for use at work. It may also be useful for manufacturers, suppliers and users.
It explains the main aspects of health and safety law you need to know about when buying new machinery. Although the laws look complicated, they can be summed up as requiring that any new machinery you buy for use at work is safe.
The information in this leaflet is arranged in four sections:
- A summary of the law on new machinery
- What you have to do in practice
- More detailed information about machinery supply law
- Checklists to use when talking to suppliers and buying new machinery