Equipment used in connection with medical exposure
- Date of publication:
- Series code:
- PM77 (Third edition)
- Download a free copy - PM77
This guidance is for employers who have control of equipment used in connection with medical exposure to ionising radiation.
This includes many NHS employers and private healthcare providers, medical x-ray services in industry, dentists, physiotherapists, osteopaths and chiropractors etc. It may also include companies involved in providing facilities under Private Finance Initiative Schemes (PFI). The guidance will be useful to radiation protection advisers (RPAs) who have been consulted by such employers.
This guidance includes advice on:
- selecting, installing, maintaining, calibrating and replacing equipment
- criteria of acceptability for both new and older equipment
- quality assurance programmes
- investigation of incidents involving a malfunction or defect in radiation equipment which results in an exposure much greater than intended