The case studies in this section highlight the need for good practice in the workplace. Simple measures can dramatically reduce the risk of occupational ill health, including COPD.
- High levels of dust in a stonemasonry in Yorkshire
- Silica exposure high in a Welsh quarry
- Company reduces fumes in a Birmingham welders
- Workers concerned about welding fumes
- Segregate workers from the dust source
The Top tips page provides advice for you and your employer on how to achieve a safe working environment.
More guidance and information can be found on the further reading page of this site.