This website uses non-intrusive cookies to improve your user experience. You can visit our cookie privacy page for more information.

Beta This is a new way of showing guidance - your feedback will help us improve it.

Do you use chemicals (downstream user)?

Brexit: Transition period

The UK has now left the EU. Your health and safety responsibilities have not changed in the transition period.

Find the latest information on our Brexit pages

As a downstream user, you need to classify, label and package the chemical substances and mixtures that you place on the market in EU countries, in line with the CLP Regulation on classification, labelling and packaging (CLP).

You are a downstream user under CLP if you use a substance, either on its own or in a mixture, in the course of your industrial or professional activities. For example, you are:

This means you should:

All those in the supply chain are responsible for ensuring that substances and mixtures are labelled and packaged correctly before being placed on the market.

Updated: 2013-07-25