UN GHS Sub-Committee (UNSCEGHS)
The UN GHS is the responsibility of the Sub-Committee of Experts, known as the UN SCE GHS. HSE represents the UK at these meetings.
- Acts as custodian of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS), managing and giving direction to the harmonization process;
- Keeps the system up to date, as necessary, considering the need to introduce changes to ensure its continued relevance and practical utility, and determining the need for and timing of the updating of technical criteria, while working with existing bodies, as appropriate;
- Promotes understanding and use of the system and encourage feedback;
- Makes the system available for worldwide use and application;
- Makes guidance available on the application of the system, and on the interpretation and use of technical criteria to support consistency of application;
- Prepares work programmes and submit recommendations to the Committee on the Transport of Dangerous Goods and the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (CETDGGHS).
More on the UN GHS and its Sub-Committee can be viewed here:
- UN Sub-Committee of Experts on GHS
You can view current and archive papers considered at UN GHS meetings here. All papers are fully open:
UN Sub-Committee of Experts on GHS - Documents
If you want to contribute to any of the discussions or issued raised at the Sub-Committee, please contact: [email protected]