Gas supply - Useful links
HSE is not responsible for the content of external internet sites
- UKOPA: United Kingdom Onshore Pipeline Operators' Association
- Oil and Gas UK
- National Grid (previously known as Transco): operates the high pressure National Transmission System and the gas distribution systems in North West England, East of England, West Midlands and London.
- Northern Gas Networks: operates the gas distribution system from the Scottish border to South Yorkshire.
- Wales and West Utilities: operates the gas distribution system in Wales and South West England.
- SGN: manages the gas distribution network across Scotland and the South of England
- Linesearch: Provides a single point of contact for all initial enquiries relating to the apparatus owned and/or operated by a number of Pipeline Operators
- Linewatch: promotes greater awareness of buried oil/gas pipelines and the safety precautions that are required when working near to them, therefore protecting personnel and the environment.
- Ofgem: Office of Gas and Electricity Markets, Ofgem is the economic regulator for Britain's gas and electricity markets.
- DECC: Department of Energy and Climate Change
- OGA: Oil and Gas Authority
- IGEM: Institution of Gas Engineers and Managers, IGEM is a chartered professional body, licensed by the Engineering Council, serving a wide range of professionals in the UK and the international gas industry through Membership, events and a comprehensive set of Technical Standards.