What records do I need to keep?

You must keep a record of any reportable injury, over-seven day injury, disease or dangerous occurrence. When you have filled-in all relevant parts of the form, you will need to click the submit button on the final page. On doing this, you will see a submission confirmation screen 'Thank You for submitting your RIDDOR form' which includes the RIDDOR reference number assigned. A button to download a PDF copy will be visible at this point, allowing you to save and print a copy of the form.

If you do not keep a copy of the online form your records must include the date and method of reporting; the date, time and place of the event; personal details of those involved; and a brief description of the nature of the event or disease.

In the case of accidents, employers who must keep an accident book (B1510) under Social security Law can use this for keeping the records of injuries although, a separate method will be needed for cases of disease.

Information supplied to HSE in a RIDDOR report is not passed on to your insurance company. If you think your insurer needs to know about a work-related accident, injury or case of ill health, please remember to contact them separately – insurers have told us that reporting injuries and illnesses at work to them quickly could save you time and money.

Is this page useful?

Update 2021-04-26