When selecting new footwear, consider these issues:
- Cost: Don't base your decision on cost alone. Consider effectiveness, comfort and durability.
- Slip resistance: Discuss your needs with your supplier or manufacturer, obtain and evaluate footwear technical information and look at samples.
- Other PPE properties: Does your footwear require any other features, eg a toe cap?
- Range of sizes: You need wide enough size range to cater for all your at-risk workers.
- Visual appeal: Shoes with visual appeal are more likely to be used.