RR695: Evaluation of guidance for directors and board members
In late 2007, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and Institute of Directors (IoD) jointly published guidance for directors encouraging them to lead on health and safety in their organisations; the publication was entitled 'Leading Health and Safety at Work: leadership actions for directors and board members' (INDG417) .
Databuild Ltd was commissioned by the Central Office of Information (COI) to conduct research on behalf of the HSE to establish:
- The level of awareness of the new guidance among its target market.
- How directors and board members had heard about and accessed the guidance.
- The number of directors that have read the guidance.
- Whether the guidance is considered relevant and influential.
- Whether action has been taken (or planned) as a result of the guidance.
This report outlines the key findings from the research and identifies opportunities for the Health and Safety Executive to further promote the guidance.
This report and the work it describes were funded by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). Its contents, including any opinions and/or conclusions expressed, are those of the authors alone and do not necessarily reflect HSE policy.
Assistance in the use of Adobe Acrobat PDF files is available on our FAQs page.