RR284 - Risk perception in relation to musculoskeletal disorders
System Concepts Ltd were commissioned to carry out research to identify how employee populations perceive their risk of experiencing musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs), both in terms of understanding what people's risk perceptions are and how to change them through targeted information.
The objectives of this project were to:
- determine the accuracy of lay perceptions about the risk of experiencing MSDs
- identify factors that influence risk perception in relation to MSDs
- identify what communication channels are viewed by workers as the most effective for obtaining accurate information about MSDs
- identify common misconceptions about the risk of experiencing MSDs
- identify and develop strategies for influencing risk perceptions
The Research Report Series are produced in Adobe Acrobat. The use of the latest version of the software is recommended which is available at the Adobe website via the link on this page.
Assistance in the use of Adobe Acrobat PDF files is available on our FAQs page.