RR1018 – Electromagnetic Fields (EMF) in the welding environment
The Electromagnetic fields (EMF) Directive (2013/35/EU) was adopted in June 2013. Member States are required to bring into force any laws, regulations and or administrative provisions necessary to comply with the Directive by July 1st, 2016. This research report considers various types of welding and the requirements of the Directive.
The report provides:
- A review of available literature using the TWI "Weldasearch" database and other sources
- Measurements of the EMF emissions welders may be exposed to during the welding processes
- Understanding where welding fits in with the requirements of the EMF Directive
- A proposal for an EMF emission risk assessment procedure
- Guidance on compliance for the welding industry
Assistance in the use of Adobe Acrobat PDF files is available on our FAQs page.