Managing upper limb disorders in the workplace
A brief guide
- Date of publication:
- January 2020
- Series code:
- Download a free copy Managing upper limb disorders in the workplace - INDG171(rev3)
This revised leaflet for employers deals with upper limb disorders (ULDs) which affect the shoulders, arms, wrists, hands and fingers, as well as the neck. It explains:
- what upper limb disorders;
- their symptoms and causes;
- how to manage the risks around them;
- what employers can do to help their workers.
It now includes a simple filter to help identify low-risk tasks which do not need further assessment.
The main messages about the actions employers and workers should take to prevent risks have altered very little since the previous 2013 version. There is no change in policy or regulation.