Useful links for ports and docks
This page provides links to web sites relating to health and safety in the ports industry. HSE is not responsible for and cannot guarantee accuracy of information on sites that it does not manage; and inclusion does not mean HSE endorses the linked site.
Other regulators and agencies
- Department for Transport - ports
- International labour Organisation (ILO)
The ILO is the international organization responsible for drawing up and overseeing international labour standards. It produces guidance on the safety of shipping and seamen, such as the ILO Code of Practice Safety and Health in Ports. This Code of Practice reflects ILO Convention no. 152 concerning Occupational Safety and Health in Dock Work.
- International Maritime Organisation (IMO)
Providing mechanism for co-operation between governments in the regulation and practises relating to shipping. Produces guidance on safety of shipping and seamen, such as the International Convention for Safe Containers (CSC)
- Port Skills and Safety (PSS)
- British Ports Association
- UK Major Ports group
- International Cargo Handling & Co-Ordination Association
- Skills for Logistics - the Sector Skills Council for the UK's freight logistics industries
- Freight Transport Association
- Road Haulage Association
- United Kingdom P and I Club