Data Requirements Introduction and Index
Brexit: Transition period
The UK has now left the EU. Your health and safety responsibilities have not changed in the transition period.
Plant protection products are regulated in the EU by Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009 (which repealed and replaced Council Directive 91/414/EEC on 14 June 2011).
Data requirements under Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009 are as follows (links go to external Eurlex legislation website):
- Active substance data requirements are presented in Regulation (EC) No 283/2013 with data requirements as well as test methods and guidance documents .
- Product data requirements are presented in Regulation (EC) No 284/2013 with data requirements as well as test methods and guidance documents .
CRD Guidance on fulfilling data requirements by specialist area:
- Physical and Chemical properties
- Analytical Methods
- Consumer Exposure
- Non-Dietary Exposure
- Environmental Fate and Behaviour
Additional guidance on specific areas not included in areas above:
- Crop Definitions (previously Crop Hierarchy)
- Comparative Assessment and Substitution: Guide for UK applicants for Plant Protection Product authorisation
Links to information on the European Commission website:
These documents contain links to the internet sites of other organisations. CRD is not responsible for the contents or reliability of the linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing shall not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over availability of the linked pages.
Note that similar information regarding Non-agricultural (public hygiene) pesticides and biocides is available on the biocides website
- Pesticides A-Z
- Reporting Incidents
- Contacting CRD
- Regulatory Updates Index
- Information Updates Index
- Codes of Practice
- Pesticide/Plant Protection Product Databases
- Application forms
- Handling pesticide investigation and concerns