Ecotoxicology: Don't forget (checklist)
Common reasons for requests for further information during ecotoxicology evaluations of product applications are:
- use the agreed endpoints.
- ensure that the risk assessments are in line with the correct GAP (Good Agricultural Practice)
- For mixed active products the combined risk needs to be assessed
- For applications considered under Regulation 1107/2009 (as it applies in Great Britain and Northern Ireland) the formal requirements for Ecotoxicology formulation testing are laid out in Part A, Section 10, Annex to the Regulation 284/2013
- For birds and mammals, any risk assessments carried out according to the EPPO scheme cannot be used as a precedent for the risk envelope for new authorisations
More UK specific formulation guidance is also available in this formulation guidance. It provides advice on the need for ecotoxicology formulation studies and their use in risk assessment, along with how to consider the combined risk for relevant groups. Applicants are advised to read this document before deciding on a formulation testing strategy.