Commenting on Other Member States' Active Substance Assessments
Brexit: Transition period
The UK has now left the EU. Your health and safety responsibilities have not changed in the transition period.
Regulatory Update: 02/2015
Issued: 30th January 2015
To announce that HSE will be commenting on certain active substance evaluations for plant protection products under EU Regulation 1107/2009 from 1st February 2015.
Targeted commenting on active substance assessment reports
HSE will start targeted commenting on certain active substance evaluations for plant protection products from other Member States. This may include draft assessment reports for new active substances, draft renewal assessment reports and confirmatory information assessments. The commenting will be limited to active substances of concern or importance to the UK and is aimed at satisfying the following objectives:
- To promote proportionate regulation;
- To influence decision-making and represent UK interests;
- To promote best practice and harmonisation at EU level;
- To develop further HSE's collective expertise;
- To underpin better the UK position at the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed (SCoPAFF).
This work will involve the peer-review of the assessments received, preparation of comments, subsequent follow-up processes, attendance at expert meetings at EFSA (European Food Standard Authority) and review of the final output (EFSA Conclusion).
When does this apply?
HSE commenting will begin on assessments prepared by other Member States that are received after 1 February 2015.
If you have any questions relating to this Regulatory Update, please contact us: Link to Contact details page
- Pesticides A-Z
- Reporting Incidents
- Contacting CRD
- Regulatory Updates Index
- Information Updates Index
- Codes of Practice
- Pesticide/Plant Protection Product Databases
- Application forms
- Handling pesticide investigation and concerns