Beta This is a new way of showing guidance - your feedback will help us improve it.

The Applicant Guide: Trials Permits Contents

Brexit: Transition period

The UK has now left the EU. Your health and safety responsibilities have not changed in the transition period.

Find the latest information on our Brexit pages

You must apply for a Trials Permit (previously known as an "Experimental Approval") if you wish to carry out research and development work involving the release into the environment of an approved or unapproved active substance and/or plant protection product that is not authorised for the proposed experimental trials use.

This section of The Applicant Guide provides information on:

Further information


Updated 2016-07-12