The Plant Protection Products (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2023 allows for a temporary reinstatement of parallel permits in Great Britain (GB) for up to 2 years, based on those permits that were in place on 31 December 2022.
When you can apply for reinstatement
We will accept applications for temporary re-instatement from 1 January 2024 to 1 April 2024.
We will not consider any application received after 1 April 2024.
There is no application fee for this temporary re-instatement.
Criteria for reinstatement
We will only reinstate permits where all the following criteria are met:
- the GB reference product has not been withdrawn, including where the MAPP number has been changed
- there is evidence that the product in the country of origin to be imported is still authorised for sale
- the product is obtainable on the market packaged and labelled in the form available to the user
- the application to reinstate it is submitted by the company or person to which the latest parallel trade permit was issued
- the active substance has not been withdrawn in the EU
We will not allow changes in:
- product name
- permit holder
- marketing company
All the conditions of the permit will remain the same with regards to:
- record keeping
- informing HSE of withdrawal of source product
- requirements to reflect all changes to the reference product
- transport and handling
When we will issue reinstated permits
We aim to issue reinstated permits by 30 June 2024.
The permits will be as they were in December 2022.
If you have any queries, email [email protected]
Due to the short timescales involved, send all enquiries in advance of submitting your application to ensure that we can process full applications efficiently.
We will not be able to enter into any correspondence on the completeness of your application once we have received it.