The Applicant Guide: Extension of Use Contents
Brexit: Transition period
The UK has now left the EU. Your health and safety responsibilities have not changed in the transition period.
Authorised uses on plant protection product labels ('on-label' authorisations) do not cover every pest/crop combination, particularly for crops that are grown on a comparatively small scale in the UK. If economically damaging levels of pests occur in a crop where there is no on-label authorisation of a suitable pesticide, then you have two possible options to control this pest:
- Use the 'Long Term Arrangements for Extension of Use'; or,
- Apply for an 'Extension of Use'
This section of The Applicant Guide provides information on:
- The Long Term Arrangements for Extension of Use
- Extensions of Authorisation for Minor Use
- How to apply for an Extension of Use
- Information that must be submitted to support the 'need' for a Extension of Use