The Applicant Guide: Extension of Use Contents
Changes due to Brexit
Your health and safety responsibilities will not change when the UK leaves the EU. This guidance is under review.
Authorised uses on plant protection product labels ('on-label' authorisations) do not cover every pest/crop combination, particularly for crops that are grown on a comparatively small scale in the UK. If economically damaging levels of pests occur in a crop where there is no on-label authorisation of a suitable pesticide, then you have two possible options to control this pest:
- Use the 'Long Term Arrangements for Extension of Use'; or,
- Apply for an 'Extension of Use'
This section of The Applicant Guide provides information on:
- The Long Term Arrangements for Extension of Use
- Extensions of Authorisation for Minor Use
- How to apply for an Extension of Use
- Information that must be submitted to support the 'need' for a Extension of Use