Review of the Regulatory Process and Procedures for Plant Protection Products
Changes due to Brexit
Your health and safety responsibilities will not change when the UK leaves the EU. This guidance is under review.
Regulatory Update: 04/2016
Issued: 19th February 2016
HSE is carrying out a review of its regulatory procedures for the consideration of plant protection product applications under Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009.
The key objectives of the review are:
- To identify opportunities to improve and sustain the efficiency of the authorisation process;
- To ensure HSE is making best use of its resources;
- Where possible, to simplify processes and procedures
For applicants this will provide:
- A more predictable delivery of regulatory decisions;
- Greater clarity about the expectations of the regulator, leading to an improved quality of applications;
- Improved consistency and transparency of processing and decision making
Further details of the changes to processes and procedures, together with any associated changes to fees and charges, will be announced in due course.