Review of the Regulatory Process and Procedures for Plant Protection Products
The UK has left the EU, new rules from January 2021
The transition period after Brexit comes to an end this year.
Regulatory Update: 04/2016
Issued: 19th February 2016
HSE is carrying out a review of its regulatory procedures for the consideration of plant protection product applications under Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009.
The key objectives of the review are:
- To identify opportunities to improve and sustain the efficiency of the authorisation process;
- To ensure HSE is making best use of its resources;
- Where possible, to simplify processes and procedures
For applicants this will provide:
- A more predictable delivery of regulatory decisions;
- Greater clarity about the expectations of the regulator, leading to an improved quality of applications;
- Improved consistency and transparency of processing and decision making
Further details of the changes to processes and procedures, together with any associated changes to fees and charges, will be announced in due course.