Beta This is a new way of showing guidance - your feedback will help us improve it.

How to make a complaint about the Offshore Safety Directive Regulator (OSDR)

If you are unhappy with how OSDR personnel have dealt with you, we want to know.  We want to put things right, and we always welcome suggestions to help us improve our performance.

You should initially try to resolve the issue with the person you have been dealing with.  Most complaints are settled in this way, very often immediately.

If the issue remains unresolved you can ask to speak, or if you prefer write, to the person's line manager.  The line manager will investigate the circumstances and inform you of the outcome.  We aim to respond within ten to fifteen working days.

If you still remain unsatisfied HSE and DECC have further arrangements in place to help resolve the issue:

You can also write to your MP to take up your case with us or with Ministers. Your MP may also ask the The Office of the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman to review your complaint.

Important Note

This process should not be used for appeals relating to regulatory decisions OSDR has made, as detailed within the appeals process within the Offshore Installations (Offshore Safety Directive) (Safety Case etc.) Regulations 2015.  For such matters you should use the pre-appeal and, if necessary, appeal process as detailed within the associated OSDR business process framework.

Updated: 2021-02-18