Beta This is a new way of showing guidance - your feedback will help us improve it.
Useful contacts for workers
- HSE's Workers' web pages
Provides advice about your rights and responsibilities as a worker in GB
- Border and Immigration Agency's requirements for settlement
This website will help you understand the immigration system and what your rights and responsibilities are when you make an application
Access to and information from a wide range of government departments
- Trades Union Congress (TUC)
Represents people working in Britain. The TUC has published a safety leaflet, Your health, your safety: A guide for workers. It provides information about health and safety rights at work which is translated into 19 different languages.
- Working in the UK - a guide to your rights. (TUC).
- Polish language website to support the increasing number of Polish workers in the UK (TUC).
Run by the TUC in partnership with Citizens Advice and Solidarnosc, it explains the rights workers can expect at work, including health and safety, working time, holiday entitlement and sick pay. There's also information about social issues such as housing and health and guidance about what living and working in the UK is really like.
- UK Income Tax Advice
- Multi-lingual information sheet on UK taxes
- Construction Skills
Supporting the effective integration of migrant workers. Provides details on how Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) cards might be useful.
- Migrant Workers North West provides a region-wide reference point for support services available to migrant workers and their communities
- Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority
Regulates businesses that supply workers in the agriculture, horticulture, shellfish gathering and associated processing and packaging industries. If you have any concerns about the welfare of workers or a labour provider operating without a licence contact the GLAA (Tel: 0845 602 5020).