Beta This is a new way of showing guidance - your feedback will help us improve it.

Further help for workers

If you need information about concerns at work - wages below the National Minimum Wage, long hours/working time issues, or problems with an employment agency or gangmaster - then call the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368.

If you live in rented accommodation with gas appliances such as a boiler or cooker, your landlord has a duty to keep them safe. See domestic gas FAQs for more details.

If you are concerned about other aspects of the standard of rented accommodation provided to migrant workers, contact the housing department of your local council.

If you want to make a complaint about health and safety conditions at a workplace, we can give you information and advice, but we may need to transfer your call to the local HSE office so that staff there can investigate further. If you work in a business for which HSE does not enforce health and safety laws, like a shop, office or most warehouses, we will give you instead the contact details for the Local Authority in whose area the business is situated. You will then need to contact the Authority's Environmental Health department to make your complaint.

Under British employment law, you have other basic rights such as limits on how long you have to work, time off, rest breaks and paid annual leave.

For information about your terms and conditions of work, contact:

The Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS) has also produced guidance on employment rights.

Further guidance on holidays, time off, sick leave, maternity and paternity leave can be found on GOV.UK.

If you have a general enquiry about the A2 (Bulgarian and Romanian) work permits/accession worker cards then contact the Border and Immigration Agency Customer Contact Centre, UK Border Agency, PO Box 3468, Sheffield S3 8WA (or telephone 0114 207 4074).

See useful contacts for further information.