Leadership and management
HSE guidance on leading for health and safety and managing risk
Attitudes and behaviours
Measuring and reviewing performance
- The Safety Climate Tool, published by the Health and Safety Laboratory (HSL), enables businesses to measure workforce attitudes to health and safety.
- Energy Institute (EI) Process Safety Survey is a process safety measurement and benchmarking tool, based on the Energy Institute's High Level Framework for Process Safety Management.
- SHEIIBA – Safety, Health, Environment Intra Industry Benchmarking Service
- BSI Standards – self-assessment tool
- RoSPA – Quality Safety Audit
Worker consultation and involvement
HSE guidance on worker consultation and involvement
Other organisations that provide advice on consultation and involvement
HSE advice on competence
Other organisations that provide advice on competence
The following list has examples of organisations that provide advice, guidance, training and/or qualifications to industry on health and safety.
HSE specialist guidance
Other organisations that may help provide businesses with specialist advice
Guidance from HSE
Guidance from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Guidance from the Energy Institute (EI)
- High-level framework for process safety management ('PSM framework')
- Human factors performance indicators for energy and related process industries
Other sources of information
Organisations that offer advice on health and safety management