Represent your colleagues in health and safety
By representing your colleagues you’re helping to make the workplace healthier and safer for yourself and for them. Worker involvement is fundamental to good health and safety performance. This is because people who do the job can:
- recognise potential risks based on experience;
- put practical controls in place; and
- make a commitment to health and safety in their workplace.
What will I be doing?
- You will represent your colleagues in discussions with your employer on health and safety
- You will inform your employer about potential risks to health and safety during regular meetings or on an informal basis
- Your employer will provide information to help you and your colleagues discuss ways to make your workplace safer and healthier.
Please see the HSE safety representative pages for sources of support.
If you’re a union member, visit: Consulting with representatives webpage.