What to do if you have it

If you think you are suffering from dermatitis, then you should visit your doctor for advice and treatment. If you believe it has been caused or made worse by your work as a hairdresser, then you should mention this to your doctor and you must also tell your employer. They are required by law to report a case of work-related dermatitis amongst their staff.

Whether or not your GP advises that it is okay to carry on doing wet work, you will need to take action to prevent your skin damage getting worse.

Updated 2021-08-31