IOSH Food and Drink Group
The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) is the Chartered body for health and safety professionals. With more than 35,000 individual members it is the biggest professional health and safety body in the world. The Institution has a number of IOSH Groups which bring together members with a shared interest in a specialist area.
The IOSH Food and Drink Group has over 500 members working in the food and drink manufacturing, bottling and canning industries. The Group:
- shares benchmarking and best practice across the industry;
- organises networking and training events and promotes safety campaigns;
- supports the 'Recipe for Safety' initiative, getting involved in best practice projects;
- is an active member of the Food and Drink Manufacture Health and Safety Forum
- runs an awards scheme on behalf of the Forum to recognise outstanding individual performance and original solutions to health and safety problems in the industry.
You don't have to be a member of IOSH to join the Group - just interested in making the food industry a safer place to work.