How we work
HSE's Food and Drink Manufacture Section is responsible for all health and safety enforcement issues relating to the food and drink manufacturing industries.The Section takes an active role in dealing with the food and drink industries and key stakeholders including:
- Providing support, advice and guidance at a national level to the HSE operational inspectors
- Developing and helping deliver HSE's plan of work for manufacturing industries
- Developing worksteams to further HSE's Strategy to reduce injuries and occupational ill health
- Monitoring the health and safety performance of the industry
- Working with key industry stakeholders (e.g. trade associations, trade unions and committees) to improve health and safety
- Producing published and web-based guidance for the industry in consultation with key stakeholders
- Working with national and European bodies in the development of standards (e.g.CEN standards).
The Section also has responsibility for packaging machinery in all industries.
- A recipe for safety: Occupational health and safety in food and drink manufacture
- Moving food and drink: Manual handling solutions for the food and drink industries
- Case studies