The food and drink manufacturing health and safety conference 2018
The next national conference will take place at The Nottingham Belfry Hotel, Mellors Way, Nottingham, NG8 6PY on Tuesday 02 and Wednesday 03 October 2018. This annual event remains the foremost health and safety conference in the food and drink manufacturing calendar, aimed at health and safety practitioners, managers, directors, consultants, health and safety representatives, enforcing authorities and machinery & equipment designers and suppliers. The event is run by IOSH in partnership with the Food and Drink Manufacture Health and Safety Forum.
Events around the UK
Health and safety events take place throughout the year. These events include:
Local food industry Health and Safety Groups
Many food manufacturers have jointly set up health and safety groups in their region. These include:
- Food Industry Safety and Health Network (FISHNET) covering Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex
- Food Industry Regional Safety Team (FIRST) covering Leicestershire, Warwickshire, Northamptonshire and Oxfordshire
- Northwest Food and Drink Group covering west and north Yorkshire
- Somerset and Dorset Food Industry Group
- Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire Food Industry Health and Safety Group
- North West London Food Industry Safety Group
In addition there are many local general industry health and safety groups in existence. Two which have a largely food industry membership are:
- Humberside Occupational Health and Safety Group (RoSPA) covering Hull and Yorkshire
- South Humberside Health and Safety Group (RoSPA) covering Grimsby and Lincolnshire
As contact details for these groups change frequently it is unfortunately not possible to provide contact addresses.